We know that data privacy matters to you whether you read this whole document, read just the quick summary below, or stop reading here.
- We do not sell or share your information with other 3rd parties, except those vendors we’ve hired to run our business: our website, online store, customer newsletter, accounting and nursery operations. Those companies likewise will never share your company or personal information.
- We protect your data by ensuring all of our vendors meet standards higher than what’s required of us by law. We use top tier vendors who service businesses who are much larger and collect more sensitive data compared to us.
- We only collect the bare minimum amount of data about your company and you that we need to properly run our business. We are not in the business of trying to make money off of your data. We want to sell you the plants we love to grow.
Essential information we collect
In operating our website and store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit when you browse our store. For example, this might include time-stamp, the last page or product you visited, the indication that you logged in. We do that in order to:
- remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to log in again on each page/click;
- monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to providing;
- let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click;
- remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout; and
- control that your data is processed securely.
Order information you expressly provide
If you buy something from our store, we will need more specific information about you. To fully process your order and ship the merchandise you selected, we need data about you and your business such as your first and last name, your email address and your shipping and billing addresses. We also use your contact and order information to send you updates related to the processing of your order. We will ask you to provide this information in our “registration” and “checkout” pages before letting you finalize your purchase with the payment.
If you have started to buy one of our products, but have not completed the purchase, you may have provided partial information, such as your email. In that case, we might send you an email to remind you about your interest. If you are not comfortable in receiving further emails of this kind, we will give you a simple opportunity to opt-out. Your privacy means a lot to us and we will stop sending you these communications right away.
We also use some specific information related to your visit, such as the timestamp of your visit, the page or the product you viewed, where you are coming from (if you came to our store because you clicked on an advertisement or you just opened our direct link). This is very similar to the “essential information,” but we use it to provide you with a personalized experience. The information on your visit provides us with insights on your interests and allows us to send you relevant communications. We capture this information through cookies, called a "beacon," that we allow you to block.
How do we process your information?
We use an external provider to run our website and online store. Our provider is based in the US and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. Through our provider, we also use other, highly specialized external providers to provide the most competitive services. For example:
Payment: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information), but we want to use accredited companies to process your credit card information. Our payments gateway is Level 1 PCI-DSS compliant (the highest level).
Newsletter: We use an industry leading company to power our customer newsletter. Our vendor helps us stay compliant with all relevant regulations, such as the anti-spam CAN-SPAM Act.
Partnering with highly specialized external companies allows us to focus on what we do best: growing high quality plants. If you would like more information about the vendors we use, please Contact Us.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data for as long as you have an account with us. We also keep some data for security investigation. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data (e.g. your order history) even if you ask to delete it.
Do we have any legal obligations when handling your data?
We might need to share your personal information to comply with applicable laws if required by law enforcement agencies who have legitimate warrants, subpoenas, etc..
Who can you reach out to for privacy matters?
You can contact our data privacy leader here:Michael Campbellcampbell_michael@elnativogrowers.com200 S. Peckham RoadAzusa, CA 91702